April 20, 2009

Insomniatic rambling

It is 5:09 am and I have yet to fall asleep. I have tried but alas the aching in my legs has kept me up yet again. Last night I didn't get to sleep till around 3 am and was awoken by eldest son at 9:30. I have tried Advil PM, Ibuprofen, stretching, massaging, and walking (to get more excercise). Nothing is helping and it is driving me nuts. I have children who depend on me and if I can't concentrate on my motherly duties because I am sleep-deprived, who is gonna make sure they get fed and have clean laundry and all that stuff. I did a search on one of the medical websites and got absolutely no where. I don't know what to do at this point. The middle two return to school after a week off for Spring Break but I still have youngest son home, so no sleeping for me. There has got to be something I can do to make my legs stop aching so bad.
As for my crafting it has taken a backseat to cleaning and decorating the house. My uncle brought me over to my storage unit and I found a few things to hang up in here. It is starting to feel a little more like home. I also brought 4 boxes of craft things home LOL I couldn't help it. I know I don't have the room for all my stuff but man I am missing my supplies. When I walk into storage I can hear them calling my name, "Oh, Kerry you know you want to bring us home and get us out of this stuffy storage area. We need to be paid attention to!!!" LOL
I have managed to put up my own clothesline. Not too hard considering that all I had to do was put up the rope LOL I don't know how long it will last but it felt so good to do it all on my own. I have also taken down the curtains that were nailed up when we moved in, washed them, and hung them back up with curtain rods. I'm doing my best to make this feel like home even though it is small and cramped. Hopefully come August when my lease is up I can find a 3 bedroom, which would suit us alot better. We have lived in this house for a little over a month and I have come to the conclusion that I really need my own space. The girls share a room, eldest son has his room (he's supposed to share with youngest son but that is a whole nother story), and youngest son and I are camping out in the living room. I have 1 little corner for my craft stuff and it drives me nuts. I am sleeping on the love seat (which could also be a cause of my achy legs) and I really, really miss my bed :(
Ok enough complaining. Like I told my good friend Mary Jo, I need to find my copy of "The Secret" and get refocused. I was doing so well on keeping a positive attitude and then BAM!!! I went back down the long road of despair. I don't like it and I need to snap out of it. I need positive things in my life, I want positive things in my life. I need to learn that all this stress is NOT good for me (well I already know that but I need to learn to get rid of it)!!!!!!!!
Ok it is now 5:27 am and I am almost done with a pot of coffee. Have to get the kiddos up in 30 minutes for school. So I am going to go for now.
Just an fyi lol I won't be posting any pictures :( till my lovely eldest daughter comes back from her trip to MA. She has my camera :(
Have a blessed day :)

No comments: