January 14, 2010

On cooking and baking


Over the holidays I was on a baking kick and it seems to have continued after lol All I want to do is bake cookies. My expertise is limited to chocolate chip and snickerdoodles though lol I will get past that point some day but until then my kiddos love my cookies, thankfully. I was given this beautifully old mixer when I helped a friend of mine clean out his attic :)  The last time I made cookies I actually used it instead of letting it just sit on top of my fridge (hence the no bowl attached lol) The cookies came out so good and well to my surprise I ended up with three of them that came out heart shaped :)
I am always wanting to try out new recipes, but with picky children it is difficult. I was looking for a different way to bake chicken and when I opened the pack of onion soup mix there was a recipe on the side of the packet :) Asked the kids what they thought and got approval. Whoa man was that a hit when it was done, will definetly be making it again.
Here is the recipe in case you are looking for something different too :)

Savory 'n Crispy Chicken Breasts


6 boneless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
1 envelope onion soup mix
2 tbsp bread crumbs
1/4 cup olive oil


Preheat oven to 400. In shallow dish combine onion soup mix and bread crumbs. Brush chicken breasts with olive oil, then dredge in bread crumb mixture. On a slightly oiled baking dish, arrange breaded chicken in a single layer. Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until done.


** I added some garlic salt and onion powder to the bread crumb mixture but the kids said it was a bit salty (I liked it lol).


Next I try a recipe for French Dip  that I found somewhere online lol

1 comment:

Hope said...

we love that chicken recipe! You can also apply that recipe to cut up potatoes and it is super yummy!